did you know? in 2012…
• Americans spent $11 billion on cosmetic procedures, up 5.5% from 2011.
• Breast augmentation was the most popular surgical procedure for women.
• Noninvasive skin-tightening procedures in women increased 24%.
• Vaginal rejuvenation skyrocketed 64%!
• Men had almost 1 million cosmetic procedures.
• In men, hair transplantation was up 4%; facelifts, calf augmentation, and pec implants were each up 6%; and breast reduction increased a whopping 29%.
• Over 6 million Botox shots were given.
• Cosmetic procedures increased among 13-19 year olds, but 40-54 year olds continued to make up the majority (48%) of cosmetic patients.
• Innumerable toes were removed or shortened so that women could fit into their Jimmy Choo’s or Manolo Blahniks.
• Undertakers reported that more and more people are asking to be tucked and smoothed for their funerals.
• Vets confirmed that plastic surgery for dogs—everything from silicone testicles to eyelid lifts to wrinkle reduction—is a growing trend.
In the two decades since the tracking of statistics began, the overall number of cosmetic procedures has increased more than 150%. Enter CUTS: An Uplifting Musical.
The revue that will have you in stitches.